The Rise of The Fallen
Stars of Ill Omen
These are a small portion of The Ten Thousand Things that are said to lie near cracks in The Crystal Sphere that protects Creation from The Far Realm. These stars are thought to have been corrupted by The Primordial, and serve as the birthplaces of Aberrations. Warlocks can gain powers from these sentient stars, though just what their ultimate goals are remain unknown. Do they seek to destroy reality? Do they seek champions to cleanse them of the taint of The Far Realm? None can say for sure.
A scroll called The Revelations of Melech chronicles some of these strange star constellations, though not all of them.
Below are some of the better known Stars of Ill Omen. They include:
- Acamar: Acamar is a corpse star whose motions and behemoth size send celestial objects that draw too close spiraling to their doom.
- Atropus: Atropus, The World Born Dead, is a roving planetoid that brings misery and death to any world it nears. The necrotic energy that emanates from this rogue moon causes plagues of undead to rise.
- Caiphon: This purple star is usually on the horizon. It has the guise of a helpful guide star, but sometimes betrays those who rely upon it.
- Delban: An ice-white star often visible only during winter, Delban might surprise the star-gazer with an impromptu flare during any season.
- Gibbeth: Better not to write or think overlong on this greenish point in the sky.
- Hadar: Hadar is the extinguished cinder of a star lurking within the cloaking nebula of Ihbar.
- Ibhar: A dark nebula between stars, Ihbar is slowly expanding and eating the light of neighboring constellations.
- Khirad: A piercing blue star, Khirad’s radiance sometimes reveals secrets and gruesome insights.
- Nihal: Nihal is a reddish star that writhes around the position it should hold in the heavens.
- Ulban: Ulban’s blue-white light disrupts cognition and the ability to recognize danger.
- Zhudun: Another corpse star, Zhudun is historically described as shining a baleful light over the Ruined Realm of Cendriane in the Feywild before its fall.